January 8, 2014

Christmas in Idaho 2013

 We sent the kids to bed Christmas Eve and stayed up for a bit but then I was so tired that I went to lay down. Suddenly, at midnight, I wake up to pitch darkness. Devin is snoring. The kids are asleep. And we hadn't set out anything for Santa. PANIC! I'm pretty sure getting everything done was a blur but at least we remembered! It was the Christmas that almost wasn't. Holy moly that'll never happen again!
 This year was especially fun because Lucie got in on the action. She understood Santa was coming and kept telling Amelia not to "cry or pout cause Santa's coming!"
 They woke up pretty early for stockings but truthfully I'd been awake for a while waiting for them to get up ;) I couldn't WAIT for them to open up everything we'd worked and prepared so hard for. It was one of the best Christmases I can remember.



 I wrapped our door at the bottom of the stairs so no one could go up without us. The kids ripped through the paper, leaving Lucie in the dust. She started bawling. So we taped it back up and let'er go. Plus, there's no crying on Christmas!
 Santa came!
 I went all out-getting shiny paper, big bows, and special "santa" tags; all trying to throw Henderson off the "santa isn't real" track he seems headed for....I think it worked!
Yes. It was early. We were both feeling the effects of a sudden awakening in the middle of the night.
 One, Two, Three GO! Rip into Santa's gifts!


 Is this....a tablet? How did Santa know I wanted one?
 Saige! It's Saige! She's just what I wanted!
 Always photo bombed by her older brother....
 His very own tablet to play Minecraft on it for days and days and days.....
 Putting her new pony in its stable. This was a huge hit!

 I wanted to make Eudora a cookbook but our internet is ancient so my mom made it for me. I do the cooking so she's been asking me for all of her favorite recipes of things that I make before we move. I think she loved it!
 A wheelchair!! She was most excited for this dinky wheelchair for her doll...kids are so funny.

 It was organized chaos and everyone seemed to be finished opening presents at the same time.
 I found this Star Wars thumb war book that let you turn the pages for different stadiums and settings to have your wars in. It was a huge hit!

 Finally Dev got his travel pillow he's been asking me for for like a year now!
 A metal detector and shovel? A 7 year old boys dream. Can't wait to see what treasures he digs up this summer in the thorny fields.

 I put down the camera and enjoyed the moment. It was lovely.
 He ran right out and gave his metal detector a whirl. Worked like a charm.

 Helping my girl dress up her doll. Seriously, does it get any better then this?!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how Henderson is barefoot in the driveway while there's snow on the ground; meanwhile, my kids wear their fuzzy boots for anything less than 70 degrees...